In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

19.10.08

My Epic – I Am Undone


Hmm, a release from the Facedown imprint Dreamt music. Kinda hard to get enthousiastic about that right away. Remember Thieves & Liars? I mean… ouch! So it was with a little trepidation that I went into “I Am Undone”.
These North Carolina natives play an extremely breezy kind of emopop with high-pitched, drawn out vocals supported by string sections and very mellow guitars. I often got the feeling they are more than capable to conjure up a storm (especially on the instrumental “Perelandra”) but just like with sex before marriage, they always pull back just before things get out of hand.

While this teasing can be fun at first, it can become kinda frustrating just the same. Other than on “You Know We All Love You” they never really rock out but do manage to churn out a couple of nice atmospheric tunes that fans of As Cities Burn and even Thrice (“Men In Little Houses”) should be able to appreciate.
Score: 6.5 out of 10
http://www.dreamtmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/myepic

No comments: