In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

21.2.09

Baskery – Fall Among Thieves


I can’t even seem to handle one woman but damn, I would give my right hand to have the girls from Baskery in my house so they can sing me to sleep every single night. These three Swedish blonde sisters (wipe that drewl from your face!) have a knack for writing beautiful vocal harmonies and when they aren’t cranking out countrypop tunes like Sweden’s answer to The Dixie Chicks (“Harsh”), they are playing the blues in a nasty way like a more lusciously curved version of Left Lane Cruiser (“Here To Pay My Dues”). They themselves refer to their music as killbilly or banjo-punk. Regardless of what you would like to file them under, the songs never sound anything less than stellar.
Recording live in the studio with Lasse Martén (Sahara Hotnights, Peter Bjorn & John) was a smart move as well, giving “Fall Among Thieves” a warm and spontaneous sound that works wonder for the sisters as they sing about not wanting to sleep with a man from town.
Score: 7.5 out of 10
http://www.glitterhouse.com
http://www.baskery.com

No comments: