In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

5.12.09

PJ Bond – You Didn’t Know I Was Alphabetical


Having previously served time in Outstanding Simon, The Color Fred and Marigold among others, PJ Bond felt the time was right for a solo album. And while I don’t even know the guy, I wholly agree with him.

Call it americana, indie folk or country, I really don’t care. What I do know is that “You Didn’t Know I Was Alphabetical” is as solid a collection of acoustic-based poppy singer/songwriter material as anything I’ve heard in quite some time. It’s a little bit of Ryan Adams, Elliott Smith and Rocky Votolato all humping each other in one big, cozy sausage party with PJ Bond as the result. I really like the way he spins a story over bouncy little numbers and I’m really digging the album title and artwork as well.

I guess that what I’m trying to say is that I’d like to nominate the guy for best songwriter you haven’t heard of before and are most likely to miss out on. And yes, you should be ashamed of that.
Score: 7.5 out of 10
http://www.theblacknumbers.com
http://www.myspace.com/pjbondmusic

No comments: