In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

27.1.10

Track A Tiger – I Felt The Bullet Hit My Heart


The only way the album title could’ve possibly been more emo was if they had replaced the bullet with a knife. But okay, I’m not gonna hate on this one right away and will listen to Track The Tiger’s album with an open mind. And a hankey.

Oh, wait a minute. Opener “Don’t Let The Nightlight Dance” shows that these guys are actually onto something here. Not something I haven’t heard before because well, American Analog Set has already been around. But damn, this is a solid indie pop song if I’ve ever heard one. “Always Untrue” is pretty laidback as well with some nice pedal steel guitar and a banjo. And they simply keep on going after that with one beautifully arranged song after the other.

What originally started out as a solo project for Jim Vallet has now turned into one mean, mood-shaping indie pop monster. “I Felt The Bullet Hit My Heart” may have taken two years and seven people to make, Vallet obviously never took his eyes off the prize and delivers in the end. Even in spite of the album title.
Score: 7.5 out of 10
http://www.deepelm.com
http://www.trackatiger.com

No comments: