In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

19.11.08

At The Spine – Vita


Ashamedly I have to admit that I had never heard of At The Spine before and when I began looking them up on the net I read all about how hardhitting they were and about metallic crunch and stuff. So I was thinking that this was a completely other At The Spine. But it’s not.

Apparently songwriter Mike Toschi took his backpack and travelled all over Europe, came back a much more mellow person and then started writing for what would become “Vita”. It’s like listening to Fugazi playing cover songs of 90s alt-rock bands. Or the other way around. Whatever. All that I know is that I thoroughly enjoyed “Crumble” and “Transsylvania”. 13 songs might be a little too much and the artwork doesn’t really do a good job of selling the music but other than that “Vita” is one fine release.
Score: 7 out of 10
http://www.globalseepej.org
http://www.atthespine.org

No comments: