In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

15.8.09

The Love Me Nots – Detroit


I missed out on The Love Me Nots’s debut “In Black & White” which hit the streets in 2007 but if “Detroit” is anything to go by, I’m gonna have to get my hands on that one as well.

With fuzzed up, reverb-tastic and surf-influenced guitars over farfisa-drenched tunes, these two guys and two girls prove they have the whole seventies spy rock sound down to a T. “Detroit” sees these Phoenix, AZ natives teaming up once again with producer Jim Diamond (White Stripes, Romantics) and as I worked my way down the tracklisting song by song, I became more and more of a fan. Vocalist Nicole Laurenne has a voice that can be as soothing as it can be harsh while Michael Johnny Walker is laying out some perfectly good guitar riffs which are backed up by a very solid and hardhitting rhythm section.

Listen to songs like “Secret Pocket” or “I’m The One” once and find out just how lovable The Love Me Nots are.
Score: 8.5 out of 10
http://www.badreputation.fr
http://www.myspace.com/luvmenots

No comments: