In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

17.6.08

No Turning Back – Stronger


With “Holding On” Holland’s No Turning Back already dropped an impressive album but they simply keep on going and even do one better with the follow-up, “Stronger”. Not that things have changed dramatically though. No Turning Back knows where their strength lies and that’s with pure NYHC. So don’t expect any experimenting.

They did however slow down just a little bit compared to the last album and added a lot more groove. Which is never a bad thing. In my eyes this album is easily as good as anything Madball has released in the last couple of years. And if you know that I’m a big Madball fan, then I guess that’s saying something.

I’m not too keen on the artwork but fuck it, I can always simply close my eyes. Which is probably not a wise thing to doat one of their live shows because with songs like “Make It End” and “Unfair” (complete with guest vocals and a guitar solo by the guys in Cold World), they’ll turn every pit into a mass frenzy.
Score: 9 out of 10
http://www.reflectionsrecords.com
http://www.noturningback.nl

No comments: