In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

4.8.08

Braindead – No Consequences


Never heard of this band before but I like Peter Jackson’s movie that goes by the same name so they already have that going for them. On “No Consequences” the guys in Braindead kick out 10 songs in just 23 minutes and after a mood-setting intro they push down the gas pedal and hardly ever look back. Think Count Me Out and Betrayed (“Over My Head”, “Sure Is Lonely Down Here”) but then in comes “Guilt And Shame” which reminded me more of a band like No Trigger. Or how about “Dear Alison”, another instrumental track that made me think of the immensely underappreciated Renee Heartfelt?

The seven-minute closer “A Wake For A Dream” rings out with layer upon layer of static up to the point where I thought my stereo had just plain given up on me. They’re probably making a point but I could’ve done without that. Instead I’d rather listen to “So Single” again which is a kickass song with guest vocals from Jena Berlin’s Jon Loudon.
Amazing debut that any hardcore lover is sure to appreciate!
Score: 8.5 out of 10

No comments: