In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

4.8.08

We The Living – Heights Of The Heavens


We The Living already went through the hassles a major label deal can bring with it. After being signed and then dropped by Maverick, they have now released “Heights Of The Heavens” on their own.
I got kinda scared when I read these guys all share an interest in philosophy because all too often that kind of pseudo-interesting babble is simply used to hide the fact that a band’s music is well, crap. We The Living, who seem to be influenced by Coldplay, The Fray and nineties rock acts such as Vertical Horizon, don’t sound like crap. But it didn’t really do it for me either. For “Heights Of The Heavens” they squeezed out nine slabs of arenarock with big choruses and the occasional piano to show their sensitive side. Too bad it all sounds so damn formulaic. Like the kind of songs that pop up in shows like “One Tree Hill”. Not that I watch that show. I’m just guessing. I mean, I’ve heard people talk about the show and based on that… yeah, that sounds about right.
Score: 6 out of 10

No comments: