In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

24.5.11

High Tension Wires - Welcome New Machine


By Christophe

Did you know that I, yours truly and humble reviewer, is actually quite keen on bands like The Sultans, The Marked Men and other poppy, slightly punky garagerock?

Yep. I'm a sucker for cool melodies and catchy tunes. I like my garagerock very fuckin' poppy. So sue me...

Or better yet. Hear me out. Because there is a new High Tension Wires-record out. It's called "Welcome New Machine". But I would call it a "Welcome New Record".

Oh sure,that joke was lame. But this record isn't. It isn't so much poppy, punky garagerock, but garage-y poppunk. That's pretty much the same thing. But whatever. It sounds exactly what you might expect from people who are/were in The Riverboat Gamblers and The Marked Men making an album for Dirtnap Records.

The twelve songs are exactly what a sunny spring day needs. Open the window, cruise around, sporting your most awesome sunglasses and bob your head with a wide grin on your face.

Get the picture? Now go get it, and enjoy it.
Score: 7,5 out of 10
http://www.derangedrecords.com
http://www.myspace.com/hightensionwires

No comments: