In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

15.4.08

Nosey Joe & The Pool Kings – Tunes From The Bighouse


“Tunes From The Bighouse” is the second full-length album for Nosey Joe and his Pool Kings. I had never heard of this Swedish nine piece but dammit, they’re good! On their new album they play this über-infectious mix of swing, rockabilly and blues with so much energy that even I forgot about my cool and started shaking along. In the privacy of my living room of course. But I think that still says a lot about Nosey Joe’s infectiousness. And that’s just on CD, I can only imagine what kind of a sight they must create in a live setting!

Whether it’s their own compositions or covers of “Sapphire”, “Much Later” or “Ghost Riders In The Sky”, they keep the horns blazing, the rhythms inviting and the vocals nice and gritty. Excellent material for all the fans of Royal Crown Revue and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!
Score: 8 out of 10
http://www.heptown.com
http://www.myspace.com/noseyjoe

No comments: