In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

16.12.10

All Out War - Into the Killing Fields


by Christophe

Maybe it's got something to do with growing old. But since age stuffed a 30-burger on me, I crave for a return to the feeling I had listening to punkrock and hardcore in the late nineties, early naughties.

Well, no, honestly? I've always had a soft spot for the stuff I listened to back then.

I still remember spinning "For Those Who Were Crucified" for the first time. And grinning because of the violence and rage contained on that little disc, despite my disdain for the moshcore.

Why? Because All Out War was just better than other bands in an otherwise very boring genre.

And you know what? They still make me grin. And they're still full of rage and violence. Honestly, I think Mike Score's voice is one of the grittiest and hate-filled throats around. And I dig it.

So yeah, this is a nineties-record. But with maybe a little more Slayer in it than back then, and definitely a better production than they had back then.

I love nostalgia... And Slayer.
Score: 7.5 out of 10
http://www.victoryrecords.com

http://www.myspace.com/alloutwarny

No comments: