In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

28.12.10

Kingfisher Sky – Skin Of The Earth


Thank god for the internet because I didn’t know the first thing about this band. Apparently Kingfisher Sky is a Dutch outfit that was started after drummer Ivar De Graaf left Within Temptation to make his own music. Apparently “Skin Of The Earth” is not the band’s first release. They’ve already been going at it since 2001 and this is their second full-length. And apparently… no, not apparently… this I found out while listening to the album… they like their gothic metal with some proggy twists and a slight medieval-sounding touch.

While listening the album, you’re bound to pick up on some influences by De Graaf’s previous band and it also made me think of Evanescence. That’s not hard to explain… every female-fronted band that has a bombastic sound like this, makes me think of them.

I seriously dislike both Within Temptation and Evanescence so listening to “Skin Of The Earth” was pretty much pure torture for me. But I guess that if you’re into this kinda thing, they’re not half bad at what they do.
Score: 3 out of 10
http://www.suburban.nl

http://www.kingfishersky.com

No comments: