In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

20.12.10

Megadeth – Rust In Peace: Live


I could bitch about how live albums are easy money for a band like this. But when watching and listening to Mustaine & co play their landmark album in its entirety on its 20th anniversary, it’s easy to relive puberty when I still had the long hair to bang my head to songs like “Hangar 18” and “Poison Was The Cure” which I played as loud as I could at every possible moment.

Yes, the stage looks cheesy as fuck and Dave Mustaine’s intro is as ridiculous as the band’s wavy hair. But this is thrash metal the way it’s supposed to be played and I’d rather hear a band churn out their classics with this much enthusiasm than having them release a new album that sucks. Oh wait, they did that last year. Oh well…

The DVD also comes with some select choices from other albums, including “Skin O’ My Teeth” and “Symphony Of Destruction” along with some behind the scenes material.

It’s a nice package that does the thrash classic that is “Rust In Peace” more than justice.
Score: 7 out of 10
http://www.umusic.com

http://www.megadeth.com

No comments: