In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

20.12.10

Bullet For My Valentine – Fever


When I first heard the insanely disappointing “Scream Aim Fire”, I was convinced that kids these days know shit. The album sucked big time and it was a complete mystery to me why Bullet For My Valentine became a huge name. They pulled a complete 180 though on “Fever” and give other current metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold a run for their money. Attitude-wise that is because musically nothing much has changed.

The drums still come storming out through the gates and are quickly followed by relentless shredding that leads up to a chorus that their audience will love to belt out at the band’s shows. It’s that same audience that will no doubt identify completely with the lyrical content that deals mostly with girls and relationships gone wrong.

This is normally not my cup of tea but when it’s brought with this much energy and enthusiasm, it’s very hard not to get sucked in and see why Bullet For My Valentine became as big as they did.

Check ‘em out live at the Ancienne Belgique on December 1st.
Score: 8 out of 10
http://www.jiverecords.com

http://www.bulletformyvalentine.com

No comments: