In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

14.2.08

With Blood Comes Cleansing - Horror



Shriek… scream… cookie monster vocals… death metal riff… insanely heavy breakdown… more death metal riffs. That’s basically With Blood Comes Cleansing’s Victory debut in a nutshell. And I’m not talking about just the first song. I’m talking about every single song on “Horror” which are all written using the exact same formula.

And yes, With Blood Comes Cleansing is a christian band that sings about nothing but Jesus and how he sacrificed his life for us. But don’t let that stop you from checking this album out. You won’t be able to figure out what the guy’s actually saying anyway whether he’s shrieking with a high-pitched voice or grunting with a ridiculously low voice.

And while all of those things should lead to a crappy album, I’ve already found myself listening to “Horror” more than once. I don’t know why… the lyrics don’t appeal to me and the music is a textbook example of death metal clichés. Yet these songs will hit you harder than a lead pipe to the back of your skull.
Score: 6 out of 10

No comments: