In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

30.9.10

21 Eyes Of Ruby – Conquer The World pt. 5


No idea what happened to “Conquer The World” part 1 through 4 but they do seem to exist. Whatever the case may be, I had never heard of this Dutch band up ‘til now.

These Dutchies kick off “Conquer The World pt. 5” off with the 7-minute long opener “The Fountain, The Fight & The Flood”. It may seem like a bold move but it succeeded in grabbing my attention thanks to a powerful riff that owes a lot to Arabic music. They like their rock music loud with some additional proggy parts. A characteristic that will especially rear its ugly head later on in the album on songs like “She Smiles Like A Machine Gun”, which sounds like The Mars Volta. Other bands you might catch a whiff of are A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins,… I dunno. I’ve got mixed feelings about this one. It’s adventurous, it’s bold and these guys definitely have got skills and know how to rick. But I’m just not getting as much out of it it as I think I should. Is it the Dutch accent or simply because the compositions don’t feel complete? I don’t know… maybe I’ll know once they release “Conquer The World pt. 6”.
Score: 5 out of 10
http://www.summerkimonorecords.com
http://www.21eyesofruby.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah maybe you should review the other cd first , and dutch accent i thought i hear clearly english ;-))

and you where triggerd to them but not so much ??
only that you where caught to the attention is already worth a bigger
price