In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

27.9.10

Dax Riggs – Say Goodnight To The World


Now that vampires and horror in general are making a return on the big screen, it might be time for people to take notice of Dax Riggs. Just like I did when I first popped in this album. Fuck, I hate it when I find out I’ve been missing out on something good. Anyway, on his latest effort “Say Goodnight To The World” Mr. Riggs sings about Satan, witches, graveyards and hell. Come to think of it, this might not be so suited for all the Twilight fans creaming their panties over Robert Pattinson. This is the real deal while Twilight… well, not quite.

Anyway, while the songs on here are all very different in terms of atmosphere, they all come from the blues. The opening track comes with a mellow Black Sabbath vibe while Riggs croons like the best of them on a cut like “You Were Born To Be My Gallows”. And then in comes the King cover “Heartbreak Hotel” on which Riggs sounds like an Elvis bound for hell and you find yourself completely won over.

“Say Goodnight To The World” comes at you at a mellow as fuck pace but it had no problem getting under my skin like few other albums have this year.
Score: 9 out of 10
http://www.fatpossum.com
http://www.daxriggs.com

No comments: