In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

17.2.10

Failure’s Union – In What Way


Back in the 90s there was an explosion of alternative rock that I – just getting into music – devoured. Acts like Lemonheads, Gin Blossoms and Buffalo Tom were often being played at loud volume on my bright red tape deck. Yes, a tape deck and yes, bright red. Obviously I missed out on some bands (Superchunk, Seaweed,…) because back then it wasn’t possible yet to download an entire band’s discography with just a couple of clicks and Wikipedia didn't exist yet so information wasn’t as readily available as it is now. Sure, there were magazines but they cost money. Kinda like what I imagine medieval times to have been like… only without the plague.

But I’m digressing… one band I couldn’t have missed out on is Failure’s Union. Quite simply because they weren’t around yet back then. They do however play the same kind of fuzzed out melancholy-drenched rock tunes that I used to sing along to back in the day.

I’m seriously digging the songs on “In What Way” and even though this is probably just a fun side-project for members who otherwise serve their time in acts such as Lemuria, The Exit Strategy and The Grail, I think Failure’s Union has the potential to overshadow their other acts. And those are some seriously good bands as well.
Score: 7.5 out of 10
http://www.paperandplastick.com
http://www.failuresunion.com

No comments: