In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

14.2.10

Incite – The Slaughter

by Christophe

Mother always told me not to judge a book by its cover. I never listened to my mommy. So I judged Incite's “The Slaughter” by its cover.

Just think about it: you get a bloody knife, an album title that suggests a lot more blood and a band name that is no more than a verb in its imperative form...

Conclusion: metallic hardcore that isn't necessarily bad, but I probably heard it at least a thousand times before.

But okay, I'll listen to it anyway. After all, Incite does have Max Cavalera's stepson Richie on vocals.

And actually, it's a bit of a bummer that the name Cavalera is a focal point, rather than the songs. Because Richie still has a lot to learn to shake of the monotonic growling he's doing now. So I'm not really impressed by Incite's debut album. Even though the mix of trash metal and hardcore is well-balanced, the songwriting more than decent and the production by Logan Mader pretty damn good.
Score: 5,5/10
www.iscreamrecords.com
www.inciteband.com

No comments: