In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

28.3.10

Traces Of You – The Last Triumph


When I think of Italy, I think of good fine and wine, tons of culture and women like Monica Bellucci. I do not think of memorable hardcore bands. Other than To Kill I really can’t come up with any actually. And then there’s Traces Of You who have just released “The Last Triumph” through Belgium’s I For Us Records.

They play some adequate melodic metalcore that will please fans of Unearth and Killswitch Engage. But that’s also all they do. I mean, I don’t want to sell these guys short because they really are doing a good job. But they aren’t bringing anything new to the table and in a scene that’s already way too crowded with bands all sounding alike, I doubt there’s going to be a lot of room for an act like Traces Of You except for maybe opening for a couple of the bigger names in the genre.
Score: 6 out of 10
http://www.iforusrecords.be
http://www.myspace.com/tracesofyouaband

No comments: