In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

20.1.09

Falcon Crest – Taste The Thunder, Raise The Flag


I was still shitting myself when Falcon Crest first aired in 1981 so I really couldn’t care less how some rich dudes were trying to fuck each other over. Since then I have passed the stage of shitting myself (except for that one time but that’s a story for another day) but still that didn’t stop me from missing out on another Falcon Crest who in 2004 released an album called “Taste The Thunder, Raise The Flag”.

These dudes call Minneapolis and St. Paul their hometown and make lots of wonderful noise. Remember the days when Amphetamine Reptile dropped all those fun releases back in the nineties? Well, that’s what this one reminds me of. Aggressive rhythms, jagged guitars that clash before holding hands in a rare melodic moment, distorted vocals… it’s all on here. While their MySpace page claims they sound like shit, I can only disagree strongly because in my book “Taste The Thunder, Raise The Flag” rocks from beginning to end.
Score: 7.5 out of 10
http://www.notbadrecords.com

No comments: