In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

17.1.09

My Children My Bride - Unbreakable


by Mike SOS
Alabama Christian metalcore troupe My Children My Bride are, as usual in this genre, a solid unit whose paint by numbers use of the standard checklisted elements of metalcore renders a moshpit starting metal disc that sounds like about 80 other bands you place it next to. "Headshot!" is highlighted by gang vocal shouts perfect for the pile-on while "Circle the Sky" rips off every Swedish death metal riff of the late '90s. The best thing about this band is the surgical precision they brandish throughout the Soilwork-eque "Severance" and "The Machinist", a trait that produces neck-snapping moments aplenty while reducing throngs of kids to sweaty, bloody messes. The glaring lack of originality and distinct identity however sadly makes My Children My Bride more interchangeable than unbreakable.
http://www.solidstaterecordings.com
Score: 5 out of 10

No comments: