In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

16.9.08

Negative - Karma Killer


Negative had a lot going against 'em as soon as I held the album in my hands. They're from Finland for one thing which is the land of a 1000 musical atrocities as far as I'm concerned. They worked with producer Mikko Karmila, who previously fiddled knobs for two of those musical atrocities, Children of Bodom and Nightwish. And these guys play glam rock for crying out loud! No, I didn't hold any high hopes for "Karma Killer".

So imagine my surprise when they cranked out one bombastic chorus after the other catchy song with the punky "Motherfucker (Like You)" as the highlight of the album. Prejudice is such an ugly thing and I promise I'll try my hardest from now on to never hold 'em against anything ever again. Of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that like Him, this is one of those albums you hate to love and while happily ticking off one musical cliché after the next, I couldn't help myself but sing along with at least half of the songs on here.
Score: 7 out of 10
http://www.edel.com

No comments: