In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

14.9.09

Candy Now! – S/T


When I think of Blag Dahlia, I think of a whole bunch of things including naked midgets, kinky sex and perverted manners. Not that I fantasize about the man, it’s just what he usually sings about when he’s in the studio with The Dwarves.

So when I get a solo album from the good man containing duets with ‘normal’ lyrics, I’m somewhat confused. After hearing the album again, I was pleasantly surprised. And after the third spin, I was hooked. Along with vocalist Angelina Moysov (Persephone’s Bees), Blag cranks out some loungy pop, garage and country songs that are light on the ears. Guest vocals Nash Kato (Urge Overkill) on two songs complete this album and make me write the lamest pun in years… Candy Wow!
Score: 7 out of 10
MVD Audio
http://www.candynow.net

No comments: