In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

6.3.08

Farewell – Isn’t This Supposed To Be Fun!?



According to the sticker on the album ‘these power pop newcomers are determined to put the fun back into rock’. And with lyrics like ‘and I hate every second of this shit’ or ‘if you keep running your mouth, I’m gonna cut you a new smile’, they sure sound like a fun bunch!
Luckily the music is more happy and upbeat making it a powerpop/poppunk affair that sounds like HelloGoodbye and Fall Out Boy. Plus it comes with keyboards just like Motion City Soundtrack! I know I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of one more band that sounded like the abovementioned and Farewell plays the part.


All kidding aside though, they come with enough power to keep me somewhat interested and have enough hooks to not get me annoyed after the first three songs. And I guess that makes “Isn’t This Supposed To Be Fun!?” an okay album in a saturated market.
Score: 6.5 out of 10
http://www.epitaph.com
http://www.myspace.com/farewell

No comments: