In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

7.3.08

Ill Nino – Enigma


Originally the new Ill Nino album was to come out in June 2007 but got pushed back several times for whatever reason. Just when I thought it wouldn’t get released at all, “Enigma” ends up on my doorstep. Not that I was necessarily looking forward to this album because the band’s last release was sub par to say the least.

Apparently the band realised that as well and decided step up to the challenge. And I have to say that “Enigma is their best release since their debut “Revolution Revolución”. This means more Latin influences than ever, more metal and heavy and mellow songs walking hand in hand. All this alongside Dave Chavarri’s typical drumming and Cristian’s powerful voice makes for a pretty diverse album. Hell, with “Me Gusta La Soledad” there’s even room for an acoustic song sung entirely in Spanish in between the more crushing songs. Listening to opening track “Alibi Of Tyrants” and “Finger-Painting (With The Enemy)” I finally remember why I ever liked Ill Nino in the first place and I’m willing to bet someone at Roadrunner is right now kicking his ass for ever letting these guys go. Welcome back Ill Nino, como esta?
Score: 7.5 out of 10
http://www.cementshoesrecords.com
http://www.illnino.com

No comments: