In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

30.6.09

Suffer The Living – War Is All I Know


As soon as the intro kicks in with something that seems to be lifted out of some kind of medieval movie, I thought I was going into a powermetal album. Which doesn’t make sense because Suffer The Living’s debut album is being released on Filled With Hate, a label not normally associated with powermetal. Power? Yes. Metal? Yes. Powermetal? No.

But then the band rips off your face with “Dirty Harry Stomp” and all is back to normal as Suffer The Living (who feature former Shattered Realm vocalist Chris) kick out some nasty New Jersey metalcore. Time to get your mosh on! And once these guys launch into yet another breakdown, you’re allowed to beat the shit out of anyone who comes near. Tell ‘em I said so.

Apparently these guys already broke up which is a shame because “War Is All I Know” is a solid album and I would’ve liked to hear more from these dudes.
Score: 7 out of 10
http://www.filledwithhate.com
http://www.myspace.com/suffertheliving

No comments: