In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

12.7.09

Mutiny On The Bounty – Danger Mouth


Mutiny On The Bounty was a pretty cool story that I devoured when I was a kid. But apparently it’s also a band and unfortunately, their story isn’t quite as enthralling as the original. The one thing that I kept reading about this young band is that they are from Luxemburg. I highly doubt that’s enough though to stand out in a genre as crowded as postcore.

“Danger Mouth” isn’t a bad album but you can hear too many other bands in it. At The Drive-In obviously. But you can just as well pick up on Minus The Bear or The Fall Of Troy influences. Which would still be okay but all too often the guys in Mutiny On The Bounty lose themselves in guitar noodling that drowns out all the rest.

Which is a damn shame seeing as these guys are more than technically apt and have more than enough talent to record a decent album. But hey, it’s a debut… I’m curious to hear more from them in the future.
Score: 5.5 out of 10
http://www.redfield-records.de
http://www.myspace.com/mutinyonthebountytheband

1 comment:

Peter Butler said...

I think this is harsh, They do have similarities to the bands you mentioned but it's difficult to sound entirely different. I met some of these guys when they came to leeds and they were so nice and amazing live. This is an amazing album and I think it deserves at least an 8 or 9!