In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

29.7.09

Wilco – Wilco (the album)


Wilco is one of those bands that I love listening to but hate writing about. They’re one of those college rock bands that play Americana. Or the other way around. No wait, they’re THE college rock band that plays Americana. Or the other way around.

The band’s new album is simply called “Wilco (the album)” which I guess shows that these guys don’t even need titles anymore. Over the years Wilco has become a quality label, you simply know it’s going to be good. Yet they once again surpass my expectations and pleasantly surprise me with the beautiful slide guitar in “Deeper Down”, the making out between Jeff Tweedy and Feist in “You And I” and the opening of “One Wing” which never fails to make me blink away a tear.

I can’t explain why I like Wilco so much, just like I can’t for the love of god explain why there’s a camel on the album cover. But there is a camel plastered all over the artwork and I do like Wilco a whole lot. Next month I’m seeing them live at the Pukkelpop festival, consider me excited!
Score: 9 out of 10
http://www.nonesuch.com
http://www.wilcoworld.net

No comments: