In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

14.5.10

Unleashed – As Yggdrasil Trembles


Ah yes, it’s 2:30AM... if this is not the time to worship The Evil Horned One (Blackie for his friends) then I don’t know what is. Now, if I could just find the right soundtrack to go along with my worshipping... As Yggwho trembles? Yggdrasil. Ah yes, the world tree. Well, we definitely do not want Yggdrasil to tremble because that sounds like some pretty evil shit would take place. This Unleashed album will do just fine (note to novel satanists: inverted crosses on the cover are always a good sign). Just have to light some black candles to help set the mood, press play and we’re all set to go.

Wait, what’s this? This doesn’t sound like your typical black metal at all? This is more death metal... Viking death metal to be more exact. I didn’t even have to figure that one out for myself. I just had to wait until track number four (“Wir Kapitulieren Niemals”) where the guys in the band sing it themselves. I actually like Unleashed’s music which is simply solid death metal. Too bad the lyrics are shit and that the vocals are so over the top that the only thing I can compare these guys to is Manowar. Not a compliment coming from me.
Score: 6 out of 10
http://www.nuclearblast.de
http://www.unleashed.se

No comments: