In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

24.7.12

The Used – Vulnerable

Okay, I admit it… I’ve never been a fan of The Used. Their brand of screamo with way too many electronics, more teen angst than even a horde of teenage girls can muster and Bert McCracken’s high-pitched whine have never been point of attractions. And as I’m going into “Vulnerable” quite hesitant, it quickly becomes clear that they haven’t changed a thing.

Opener “I Come Alive” sounds like a bad carnival trip before launching in a dubstep breakdown that is just plain awful. I manage to wrestle myself through the second song as well but when I come across a completely misplaced hiphop beat in “Hands And Faces”, I’m ready to throw in the towel. And by the time they go in reggae mode about a minute later, I called it a day and threw this album where it belongs… in the trash.
Score: 2 out of 10
http://www.hopelessrecords.com 
http://www.theused.net

No comments: