In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

17.7.08

Campus - We Are The Silence


Campus got together in the winter of 2004, released an EP that was distributed through Funtime, then got signed to Funtime and are now releasing their debut full-length called "We Are The Silence". There ya go... history of the band in a nutshell. You're welcome. I aim to please.

When I heard the name Campus I was somehow thinking of an indierock band preferably with some jazzy freakouts. What I was not expecting was some brutal yet fairly melodic screamo meets metalcore. It's all well-executed and even the sing/scream combo didn't get on my nerves too much. It does all start to sound a little monotonous towards the end but all in all Campus is a pretty cool addition to the Belgian scene. If only they would change that terrible bandname!
Score: 6.5 out of 10
http://www.funtimrecords.com

No comments: