In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

23.7.08

Sparkle Of Hope – Light The Torches


Hey, are you tired as well of all the metalcore outfits that seem to pop up just about everywhere? Well then I doubt you’ll care much for Sparkle Of Hope’s new album. Yes, these guys are technically skilled (especially guitarist Daan Witters) and despite some clever parts they smuggled in here and there, this basically sounds like what As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage have already done before them. It’s a lot heavier than their debut though with even a little Bring Me The Horizon here and there.

I’m not saying “Light The Torches” is a bad album because it’s not, it’s just that I’ve already heard this so many times that it doesn’t do it for me anymore. If these guys would’ve made this album a couple of years ago then it would’ve been a completely different story as far as I’m concerned. But unfortunately it’s 2008 and you can buy albums like this for 0.01$ all over eBay.
Score: 6 out of 10
http://www.funtimerecords.com
http://www.sparkleofhope.be

No comments: