In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

31.7.08

Radar Bros. – Auditorium


Now that Grandaddy is no longer around, I’ve been looking for a substitute. Two songs into “Auditorium”, the new album by the for me completely unknown band Radar Bros, I was thinking I might’ve found them. But alas, the shoes left behind by my favorite bearded weirdos simply seem to be too big to fill.

It’s not that Radar Bros. are a crappy band. Picture Grandaddy at their most mellow and you’ve got much got “Auditorium” all mapped out. And I do mean ALL of “Auditorium” because all twelve songs on here are pretty much the same. They are pretty decent but where are those outbursts of distorted guitar? Where are the quirky bits that worked so well for Grandaddy? It’s that combination that did me and countless others in back when “Under The Western Freeway” came out. And it’s that magical combination that is lagging on Radar Bros’ new album.
Score: 6.5 out of 10
http://www.chemikal.co.uk
http://www.radarbros.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI - The Radar Bros. were around before Grandaddy ever existed.
I always need to listen to Radar Bros. records a few times in my car before they unfold into massive favorites. It's good stuff if you let it settle in.

PunkRockTheory said...

Hey BrianW, i listened to the album a bunch of times but I dunno, it just feels like something is lacking. it's not a bad album at all though!