In a couple of seconds you will be redirected to our new site. Click here if you can't contain your excitement.

17.7.08

Pilgrimz – Boar Riders



Wow, this could very well be the worst artwork we’ll see in 2008! I was expecting some country music and was about ready to get my hoe down when I popped this baby in and found myself listening to some fairly brutal metal. Which of course we don’t mind over here at PunkRockTheory.com. At least not when it’s done properly. Unfortunately these Danish dudes don’t seem to know the word diversity which causes me to listen to the same song 10 times in a row. They sure as hell try to sound diverse though with a sound that’s somewhat similar to what I expect The Hives to sound like when they’re playing thrash metal on some forgotten Sunday afternoon. But it’s just not working as it should!

The weirdest thing is that the songs are either off to an awesome start (“Drama King & Drama Queen” for example) or have a bunch of cool riffs in them but never fully live up to their potential. So you know they’ve got what it takes to write some solid songs. Except that in the end… they don’t! Give these guys some time to further develop their sound and I think they might be onto something. But for now I’m gonna have to say thanks but no thanks.
Score: 6 out of 10
http://www.iscreamrecords.com
http://www.pilgrimzband.com

No comments: